213 North Main St.
Gunnison, CO 81230
OPENING APRIL 24th FOR THE SEASON!!
Sun: 10am – 4pm
Guided Fishing Trips
NEW!!! GUIDED WINTER FISHING TRIPS. CLICK TO LEARN MORE
We pair our guests with the right guide to match your fishing style. Whether you are looking for a fly fishing trip for beginners, or seeking a more technical challenge, our guides pay attention to what you want from your time on the water.
There are hundreds of ways to have fun fly fishing the Gunnison Valley. A long float down the Gunnison River for trophy trout is something every fly-fisher should experience. We also love to take folks up to high mountain creeks with outsized fish that slurp dry fly’s with reckless abandon, or hunt the trophies that lie in the Taylor River. If you are in Gunnison during the Fall, the Kokanee salmon run is something you won’t want to miss. Let us teach you how to catch them like a pro.
A guided wade is a great way to reduce the learning curve, improve your cast, and learn how to find fish in any river. No more than three anglers per guide will give you the personalized experience you need to improve your game. Our guides take the time to educate guests about why one area of the river is more likely to hold feeding fish than another. We discuss why we choose a certain fly, and how to use each fly effectively. Our goal is to not only help you catch fish today, but to catch more fish in the future. We are also very concerned with your safety and our ecosystem. Our modo is: “Tight lines, wade safe and leave no trace”.
– Our guides will provide all the gear you need. Rental boots and waders are available for a low daily fee. We will include one free rental day after your guided trip. Feel free to use your own equipment, our guides will help familiarize you with any new equipment you may have.
– Guides will have bottled water available.
– Guides will coordinate and provide lunch for full day trips only.
What is not included:
– Sunglasses. Highly recommended!!! We do not want anyone losing an eye.
– Snacks. Don’t get hangry!
– Rain Gear and warm clothing. We love to fish in the rain and snow, so be prepared!!
– Booze! This is your trip, have fun responsibly!!
– Guide gratuities! These folks will work their hind ends off to help you have a great day! Many people ask what the “standard” for tipping is. My standard, when I hire a guide to back-row me or pole me around the flats for hours is at the very least $100 for the boat, but $60 – $70 per angler is not out of the question, the same goes for a walk/wade trip. Our guides work hard so you have the best experience on the water.
2023 trip pricing.
Walk wade X1 angler: $350 half day $425 Full day
Walk wade X2 anglers $450 half day $500 full day
Walk wade X3 anglers $550 half day $625 full day
No more than 3 anglers per guide.
SEE OUR ICE FISHING PAGE FOR SEPERATE PRICING.
Full day float $575
Half day float $475
No more than two anglers per boat
Full balance due at time of booking, fully refundable 4 days before the date of the trip. Our guides are still paid for trips that cancel inside of 4 days. Thank you
Almont Resort on the East River:
Enjoy Private access with your guide on the East River at the beautiful Almont Resort. Then sit down and enjoy a beverage and a wonderful meal in their restaurant and Bar! Book on-line with our “Book Now” button.